- This event has passed.
Workshop: Rooting and Ground to Apply Energy
October 28, 2017 @ 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm£35
Workshop: tai chi concepts on rooting and grounding to apply energy
This workshop looks at how root and ground in tai chi. We explore the structure and how the principles of tai chi allow you to project and apply energy.
- 3 hour workshop to explore concept of rooting and grounding
- Venue: Woolhampton Village hall
- Date : 28th October 1PM – 4PM
- Cost: £35
Grounding and rooting in tai chi relies on good structure and the ability to apply the tai chi principles. We explore correct tai chi structure and then using this structure to apply energy.
The Tai Chi Chuan classics state, ‘the Chi is the wheel and waist is the axis’. This phrase stresses the importance that all Tai Chi movements are initiated from the waist. Once the movement is initiated in this manner then chi will flow – much like that of the relationship between the axis and the wheel. The waist should be loose and flexible, without tension. Only in this state will it enable the Chi to sink and gather in the legs to give a strong and stable base.
What to Expect:
- The emphasis is on having practical fun and partner work to and starting from physical structure, incorporating the principles, to applying energy, Most of the time we will be pairing up or working in groups to test internal concepts and principles
To book a place, please contact us:
William 07976 746859 firstname.lastname@example.org
About The Teacher, Sifu William Mak
- William is an experienced MDA Tai Chi instructor and a close senior student of Master John Ding. Master John Ding is recognised internationally as one of the top teachers of Yang style tai chi